Since I couldn't think of anything else to write about I decided to share a dinner recipe with all of you that my and I enjoy. The recipe is "Easy Chicken Enchiladas" from the 2004 edition of The Best of Country Cooking.
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 10 flour tortillas
In a large bowl, combine 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, chicken, sour cream, soup, chilies, onion, pepper and salt. Spoon about 1/2 cup off center on each tortilla; roll up. Place seam side down on a greased 13-in x 9-in backing dish.
Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.